Llancaiach Fawr – Home of the Prichard family. Built 1548.
Gilfach Fargoed – 16th century – During the Civil Wars 1642-1649, home of Sir William Lewis.
Tophill – Built five years before the Spanish Armada in 1583.
Gelliargwellt Uchaf – Home in 1500’s of Matho Rhys Fychan.
1. Village Walk including:-
Twyn y Castell – Home it is thought of Ifor ap Meurig – Ifor Bach (1100-1170), Lord of Senghenydd and also his son Cadwallon.
St Catwg’s Church – Built circa. 1350.
Harp Inn – inc. David Davies dynasty – three generations of harpers. First, son of James Davies of Penygarreg Farm, Ysgwyddgwyn. Second studied in France and has an entry in the Dictionary of Welsh Biography and Dictionary of Welsh Biography Online.
Farms of the village of Gelligaer.
2. Capel Gwladys (ancient Celtic Church – foundation 430 A.D.) and Eglwyswladus (Marcher Lords Demesne).
3. Carn Bugail and the Platform Houses (medieval houses).
4. Llancaiach Issaf (Home from 1500’s of Morgan Rhys Fychan and his descendants).
5. Llanbradach Fawr (formerly Blaenbradach) and Its Inhabitants (Home of the Thomas family, descendants of Bleddyn ap Cynfyn – King of Powys in the 1000’s.)